I am a full-time Realtor and it is my goal to become your trusted real estate advisor for life, guiding you through the process of buying or selling your home in South Charlotte, or other areas in the Queen City. From first-time home buyers to retirees looking to down-size, I provide unparalleled customer service and attention, and work as your partner, no matter where you are on your real estate journey. My business motto is the Golden Rule, pure and simple! You will find that I don’t stop working until you are completely satisfied, and this means listening to your needs and wants, providing thorough market research and data to guide your purchase or sales decisions, negotiating firmly but respectfully on your behalf, and taking care of all those stressful details that are often found in a real estate transaction. I embrace new technology, and utilize the power of the Internet to enhance my marketing program for my clients.
Education, Family and Interests
I am a native North Carolinian, and graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (Go Tar Heels!), and obtained a Masters degree from the George Washington University in Washington DC. After a 20-year stint in our Nationʼs capital working in Government Relations for medical education, I convinced my husband Pat, to move back to my home state in 1998. Weʼve called Charlotte our home ever since, and I canʼt think of anywhere else Iʼd rather live! Charlotteʼs got something for everyone – a temperate climate, a growing economy, two professional sports teams (Go Panthers!), a thriving arts and entertainment culture, and close proximity to the beautiful NC mountains and beaches.
My three children have kept me young! My daughter, Casey is a graduate of UNC Chapel Hill (Go Tar Heels!). After jobs with Mashable.com and Facebook, she founded her own company, UppercaseBrands.com, a Facebook advertising and branding agency in New York City. My son, Ben, also graduated from UNC, and is “living the dream” as the Coordinator of Social Media Sponsorships at Major League Baseball in New York City. Rounding out our three, Patrick studied at UNC Charlotte and is working at Breckenridge Ski Resort in Colorado.
I am an avid sports fan, and can hold my own in discussions on football (particularly Panther football!), baseball, basketball, golf and tennis! In my spare time, I enjoy blogging, reading, photography, and playing tennis in the Queen City Tennis League.
Please call me to discuss your real estate needs. I will listen to your dreams and desires, whether buying or selling, and together, we will make them a reality!
Areas of Expertise
Successful Listing Agent with extensive 21-Point Marketing Plan
First-time Home buyers
Relocation to and from Charlotte, NC
Retirement and downsizing
Extensive Charlotte Public School Knowledge
When you list your South Charlotte home for sale, you want the confidence of working with a full-service, full-time REALTOR®. I provide unparalleled service to all of my seller clients, including:
- Preparing a detailed comparative market analysis (CMA) and absorption rate analysis to help you understand the current real estate market in your neighborhood.
- Offering staging ideas to help your listing stand out among the competition.
- Using high-quality photographs and virtual tours that showcase your home and neighborhood attributes.
- Incorporating extensive Internet marketing to ensure that your home is SEEN by today’s buyers.
- Providing timely follow-up with buyers and their agents viewing your home.
- Managing your sale/purchase from contract to closing.
Selling a home in today’s challenging market is part art, part science. My goal is to help my sellers sell their home at the highest price the market will bear in the shortest amount of time, so they can move on with their lives! I look forward to partnering with you to help you achieve YOUR real estate goals!
As your South Charlotte Buyer Agent, I recognize that buying a home is a serious financial investment and major lifestyle choice for you and your family. It will be my pleasure to:
- Introduce you to South Charlotte and its wonderful neighborhoods.
- Put you in touch with some of Charlotte’s top mortgage lenders to get you pre-approved, so you will know your purchasing power.
- Preview and show homes that meet your needs.
- Present and negotiate your offer to purchase, making sure that the price and terms are favorable to you.
- Coordinate all inspections on your behalf (home, termite, survey, radon, HVAC, roof, structural, etc.)
- Manage all details from contract to closing, including working with your mortgage lender, real estate attorney, contractors, etc. to ensure that your interests are protected and that the deal is closed!
I will take care of all the details so that your transaction is as smooth and stress-free as possible. My goal is to become your trusted Real Estate Advisor for life!
Accreditations, Memberships and Awards:
Helen Adams Realty Ballantyne Office Sales Leader, 2012, 2013
Multi-Million Dollar Sales Producer, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
Member, Charlotte Regional Realtors Association
Member, NC Association of Realtors
Member, Carolina Multiple Listing Service
Member, Piedmont Multiple Listing Service